Call Now

Free Consultation With Lawyer

No Fee, Unless We Win Your Case

Appeals Council and Federal Court

What do I do if I lose at a disability hearing; how do I appeal?

Even if you lose at a disability hearing, it does not mean that you should give up.

Your Social Security Disability lawyer at The Law Offices of Jason L. Wilson, PLLC can represent you during your appeal. The Appeals Process goes through two levels:

  • Appeals Council Level

An appeal is filed and the decisions of the Social Security Judges are reviewed by the Social Security Administration Appeals Council. At that time, your lawyer will present legal arguments to support your appeal and to challenge the Judge’s denial.

  • Federal Court Level

If the Appeals Council approves the denial, then your lawyer can file a law suit in Federal Court against the Social Security Administration—only lawyers can file in Federal Court. The Federal Court will review the denial and decide whether to send your case back for an additional hearing.

Contact us. We’d be happy to talk to you about where you are in the process and how we can help with your legal representation—no fee, unless we win your claim for disability benefits.